Oh how we love the cupcakes at Caffe é Torta
And here's a peek at some home-made treats...
One-off pieces like these will be available from:-
when it opens!
Here are some more delectable edibles...
...jam hearts and gingerbread men
spotted at a bakery in Williamstown,
and one little bunny...
♥ made with love ♥
and in our kitchen :0
Do you fancy something sweet now?
well, here's the bunny recipe:-
old fashioned gingerbread
(it always works a treat!)
125 g butter, softened
1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
3 tsps ground ginger
2 tsps cinnamon
2 tsps nutmeg
2 tsps cardamom
1/2 cup golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc. Grease and flour oven trays.
2. Beat butter, sugar and egg yolk with electric mixer
until smooth. Sift in dry ingredients and syrup in two
batches. Mix to form a soft dough.
3. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth.
4. Roll out a piece of dough 5mm thick and cut out
shapes using cookie cutters dipped in flour. Use
a spatula to place cut cookies onto trays, leaving a
little space between the cookies (they will spread).
5. Bake cookie shapes for about 10-15 minutes, then
cool on trays and while warm, lift onto wire racks.
6. Once cool, ice with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Should make about 24 biscuits... store in an airtight tin, and enjoy!