...a perfect combination in my opinion.
and here's a pear-fect recipe if you're heading into Autumn:
Apple and Pear Jam
1 1/2 lb pears
1 1/2 lb apples
3 lb sugar
1 cup water
Place a saucer in the freezer (you will need this later to test the
jam as it approaches boiling point) and wash jars and lids in warm
soppy water and place upright on an oven tray. Set oven to 100℃.
1. Peel, core and chop the apples and the pears.
2. Place the apples in saucepan with water and lemon juice.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until apples
soften. Add the pears. Bring to the boil again, reduce to a
simmer and continue cooking until the fruit resembles a pulp.
4. Add the sugar and bring to the boil again. Reduce to a
simmer, add the vanilla extract to taste and continue
to cook until it reaches the setting point.
To test for the setting point remove the saucer from the freezer and place a little of the
jam onto it. Allow it to cool for a minute or two. Then test it for thickness. Remember
it will become thicker as it sets so you want it to still be slightly runny, but not overly.
5. Remove the pot from from heat, remove the jars from
the oven and ladle the jam into the hot jars. Screw
the lids on immediately, but not too tightly.
6. Process in a hot water bath for 15-20 minutes.
Positively delicious! Enjoy xo