- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 October 2011

Time For Fun


Well, aside from sniffles and stomach flu, and the dismal Melbourne weather (too cold for the seaside unfortunately) 
we have been thoroughly enjoying the Spring holidays.

1950s John and Betty Australian School Reader (from my collection)

We've visited local op-shops (and those a bit further afield), 
Ari's been to a couple of birthday parties and to the cinemas, 
we've caught up with friends and we spent Thursday with the 
dinosaurs at Scienceworks (Ari's favourite place on earth... so far).

Yesterday we did a HUGE food shop at the market and today 
was spent within the cosy confines of our home, nestled infront  
of the fire watching 'Walking with Monsters' and 'Dinotopia.'

1950s Janet and John American School Reader (from my collection)

The Royal Melbourne Show is on and I'm keen to visit the 
animals.  We're hoping to get a chook house up and going 
this year and there's no better place to check out different breeds.

We planted out our seeds for the vegie patches in our makeshift 
greenhouse (so far we've got three raised beds ready to go) and 
suddenly everything's beginning to shoot up. It's very exciting. 

1950s Janet and John British School Reader (from my collection)

Next week, I'm hoping to spend a few nights in the studio finishing off 
the lovely little creatures that have waited so patiently by my machine whilst I enjoy having Ari all to myself for two weeks!  I'm also hoping we might spend some time in town. I'm really enjoying life in the fresh air, but I do still miss the hustle and the bustle of the city and the coffee! But tomorrow we're off up the road to the visit The Tramway Museum.

I hope you've all enjoyed some fun times this week too! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment