- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

21 May 2012

A doll for Amelia

I rediscovered this dolly when sifting through some photos today...




Please excuse the poor image quality... I was new to digital then.


I made this little lady as a first birthday gift.
The little girl's Mama has a thing for those 
big-eyed children of 1960s-1970s era prints.

So, I tried my best to capture the 'mod' look in Amelia's doll.

I like that you don't really notice the fabric says I LOVE YOU
until you've taken off her coat and scarf... like opening a card.

The party's theme was 'I heart Amelia!'

What do you think of this little dolly, I wonder? 

I am quite envious of her 'modish' outfit. I can just imagine her go-go
dancing, in Amelia's room, in the middle of the night... can't you? ;)


I only wish, I'd thought to make her mouth a little love heart,
and, perhaps, heart-shaped pockets too... 


No comments:

Post a Comment